Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Setting Up Home Business - Eight Effective Keys to Article Marketing Research
Everything connected to article marketing must be the strategy or tactic toward that goal. Article marketing is the means to an end, bring you credibility or drive humongous traffic to your website, whether it does that by making you famous. The ultimate goal of article marketing is to bring more money into your pocket.
Even in a blog you will have to eventually repeat yourself because you are not writing to the same people a year from now that you are writing for today. You are not necessarily speaking to the same audience every time. The goal of article marketing is not the same as writing a book, well. One of the most common questions I get is how to write about the same subject over and over without boring the reader.
1) Use a consistent strategy for article marketing research.
Do it consistently to ensure the quality of the facts. Lay out your strategy for research and stick to what works. The best way to prepare is to have a system in place for researching your information ahead of time. It seems daunting to sit down and come up with information on a regular basis, whether that content is for your website or for a blog. When you first start article marketing you might struggle to come up with content.
2) Find the right tools for your research and validate their information.
I found little tidbits that had forgotten or material that I had overlooked, as I took notes. I would kick back the night before and read. I had a lot of books in my library on marketing and sales from my years in both areas, when I got started in article marketing.
3) Organize your sources.
I will go back to my notes or links when the article is done to ensure that the facts are indeed factual. I sleep on the information and start working in the morning. I do my sourcing the night before to get it into my head. I have a section of my library dedicated to reference materials and my browser has about 30 links in my Research Favorites folder.
4) Keep your list of research tools and websites organized.
The notepad file also has the selected keywords for that article. I have my notes open in MS Word, when the time comes to work on an article that requires complex information. I take notes for a book or long article in Notepad as I work and place links in the notes as I go. Keep your links in your favorites and your reference library materials close at hand, i you are in the middle of your routine and need to look up a crucial piece of information on a topic. Nothing stops the flow of production more abruptly than forgetting where you placed vital information.
5) Focus your research on your keywords.
Your job is to explore your niche in ways that your audience may not have time to do or may not have thought of until you showed them the new dimension. Find new and interesting perspectives on your subject. Always keep your keywords handy as you explore the material you'll be writing about. You'll want to see what others are saying about your topic, even if you are an expert. An easy way to get cracking on your article marketing research is to look up your information by keywords.
6) Develop your research routine
You will be the one whose reputation will plummet if the facts are proven false. Stick with trusted sources as well. You will be able to get your research done quicker that if you spent a lot of time sourcing materials in unknown territory, if you can go to the same sources for new information. Systems help to make tasks go faster or take the uncertainty out of the process. Develop your routine, to make research more enjoyable or at least tolerable.
7) Check your facts and recheck them before writing.
Grab a few sources to verify the facts, the best sources might sometimes let you down but if you have to relate important information to your readers that require technical or statistical information. There will be questions coming from your readers which will require you to do some fact checking in order to answer them properly. There will be many times when you'll be whipping out an article with no need for previous research.
8) Develop your shortcut methods
I'll go back and edit for accuracy, once I'm done. I'll use my notes to plug in figures and stats. The way I do it is to get as much of the technical materials together and pour through if then put it away. Your resource materials will help you greatly. You will be able to create a few shortcuts to developing your content, once you begin to develop a rhythm to article writing.
Cheating and plagiarism are not shortcuts. It's not worth it. The fastest way to losing your credibility is to steal someone else's work. There is a big difference between research and copying.
You will get more done and have time to live your life. Stay focused and give yourself a time limit for your research and your article writing as well, the best way to get through article research is to get organized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment